Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our growing son

We went to a wonderful park today that has a water play feature, but I forgot the camera, so there are no pictures.

Forgetting the camera wasn't the worst thing that happened...I got a flat tire in the carpool lane, where three freeways converge, so I had to cross six lanes of traffic to get to the right side. It was quite unnerving to have traffic flying by us at freeway speeds, but the Auto Club responded quickly and we were on our way again with the flat tire changed in 30 minutes. Here's what worked for me: "I'm on the freeway with a flat tire with three small children." That got the dispatcher to upgrade my call to "priority", so someone came less than 10 minutes after I hung up. I'm glad to have the Auto Club!

Hey, no pictures of the flat tire or water play, but here's a picture of Lukas helping me get dinner ready. I made tabbouleh from the parsley in our garden, and he's helping me pick the parsley off the stems. It's time consuming work to remove the stems (sometimes I cheat and leave a few stems) but it was so nice to be working with him right beside me.

I can't believe how tall Lukas is. He doesn't need a chair to do this, although he still stands on a chair sometimes for other kitchen tasks. I told him that he would be taller than me one day, and I'm not sure he quite believed me, but he sure smiled about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. I would have been completely freaked out if I had to cross six lanes of traffic. I'm glad that everything turned out OK.

Kelly said...

Six lanes of traffic! Yikes! I have never even drove on a highway with six lanes of traffic. I am glad you were helped so quickly.

Lucas looks like so much fun to have around. . . and helpful! Kelly F

Anxious AF said...

I had a LOT of catching up to do on your blog!!!!
Im glad you crossed all that traffic safely!
What a fun vacation you had!