Thursday, February 11, 2010

Air Power

Last Saturday, while it poured cats and dogs, I took Lukas to Planes of Fame Air Museum in Chino. Lukas' friend Russell and his Dad joined us.

Lukas is getting older now and enjoyed discovering the many interesting aircraft and artifacts even more than he did on past visits. We got a special mini-tour of a workshop where they are restoring a B-17, which is a WWII-era bomber. There was a 500 lb. bomb standing up on end when you entered and I thought even if it were empty it has to weigh a lot. One of the workers showed Russell and Lukas that the bomb is made of papermache.



Lukas has been learning a little about the history of WWII and he liked seeing the P-40 War-hawk with the tiger teeth. He also looked for the roundels of the different countries on the planes.








Here's a picture of Lukas and me in front of a P-38 Lightning.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What a fun day you had! I'm so glad you went, even though it was raining cats and dogs.

Brandi said...

What a great outing! Seems like you may have a future pilot on your hands :)

Ana said...

Wow that looks like fun! I'll have to take my boys there soon!