Thursday, February 4, 2010

Learning to spell

Lukas likes to write notes.  Usually when he's sending a note to someone outside our family, he asks me how to spell, or I just write out what he wants to say and he copies it onto the card he made.

But I especially like the notes he leaves me.  He doesn't ask me how to spell...he just sounds it out himself.

Here's a fun one I found in my pile of papers from two months ago (yes, I'm always behind in my pile of papers!)

IWUN
TIDTOO
ASCKU
IFICOICO
DGOAWT
SIDANDPLA

Yes, he needs to work on spacing and keeping words together on the same line...and keeping track of which word he's writing.  If you need a translation (highly likely!) it says:  "I wanted to ask you if I could go outside and play."

I think he must have handed me this note while I was on the phone, because after years of practice, he does know that he may not interrupt Tom or me while we're on the phone.

Here's another one from last month:

DER MOM
I LUV OU
I HOP YOU
HAV U GOOD
TIM WITH I KIDS
LUV LUKAS

I think you can figure this one out without a translation.

I love you too, Lukas!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I actually surprised myself and was able to figure out what Lukas wrote in the first letter. I speak toddler so I guess that helps too! LOL

Anonymous said...

I figured it out right away.. It was so cute..