Friday, February 19, 2010

School at home

Here are some pictures of a school day at home this week, before Natalie left home for her school.  We usually have everyone fed, dressed, dishes done and laundry started by 7:30 a.m. so we can do Bible time for 30 minutes.  If it's M-T-Th, we're out the door at 8 a.m. for Natalie's therapy (M-Th) or Lukas' one day a week in the classroom (T).  Wednesday and Friday are relaxing days where we can actually start school at home at 8 a.m.  On M-Th, we often wait until Natalie gets on the bus at 11 a.m. to have school, or we do it during Konrad's naptime at 1 p.m.

Lukas is doing very well with cursive writing and math. I need to get back on the reading bandwagon with him, but I think it's a sign of how not worried I am about his reading that I've let it slide...he can read way beyond a kindergarten level, maybe third grade or so.  So we've been spending more time on math, which I didn't really do much of last year (because we were working on reading).  And lo and behold, he enjoys math!  I think Tom is a little amazed, because he didn't enjoy math, and also had a hard time with handwriting, so Lukas must be getting a few of his talents from my side of the family.

Konrad is working on his Play-Doh major and Natalie's majoring in puzzles.  They also color and read books during school time.

And outside during recess...Natalie in her favorite occupation and Lukas and Konrad playing with the trucks.  It's funny to me how different Lukas and Konrad are in personality, but they sure share a love of trucks!

No comments: