Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Going backwards

For the next three--count, them! THREE!--days, I only have two children!  This morning Lukas embarked on an excellent adventure with two of his aunts (Tom's sisters).  Tom (who is working in LA this week) and Lukas rode the Amtrak to LA where Aunt Christine will pick Lukas up and spend the day going to the LA Museum of Natural History, then she'll take Lukas to Ventura where he'll spend the rest of the time with Aunt Patrice and Uncle Patrick.

We only told him about this trip on Saturday because we didn't want him to be forever asking "how many more days?"  A year ago, we would have only told him the night before!  If it is possible, last night and this morning he was even more distracted than normal...I warned Tom this morning that he couldn't trust Lukas to behave as he normally does because Lukas is so excited he can't keep two thoughts together for more than one nanosecond, so Tom needs to be extra careful with him on the train.

For the rest of the news, yesterday at my 36-week check up, everything measured fine.  The OB asks me at every visit if I have any concerns or questions.  No!  He says, "You must have done this before."  I do feel like I'm being a too-easy patient...maybe I need to come in completely neurotic one day just to make things interesting for him!  But I'm not that good of an actor.

Then last night I felt that I'm coming down with a cold.  Natalie seemed under the weather yesterday, and this morning she is still in bed at 8 a.m., which is COMPLETELY uncharacteristic of her.  I have a slight sore throat and a little headache, which I'm praying will be resolved quickly.  Tom said he felt something coming on too, so hopefully we'll all be 100% again soon.

Konrad is doing great!  I expected him to be asking "Where's Kukas?" every three minutes, but he's enjoying having me to himself...we're reading books and playing with Play-doh...it's like I only have ONE child, with Natalie still conked out in bed.  Thankfully Wednesday is our stay-at-home day so we can all take it easy and have a relaxing day.

1 comment:

Tom said...

The train trip to L.A., and the hand off of Lukas to Aunt Christine, went well this morning. Lukas enjoyed the train (no surprise).