Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!  It's great to be home from the hospital with our new baby on Mother's Day and we wanted to share a few pictures relevant to the day.

First off, Tom, Dominik and I visited Tom's parents for a few minutes on Thursday right after Dominik and I were discharged from the hospital.  Tom's sister, Chris, was at home with the other three kids, so it was an easy stop for the grandparents to meet Dominik without the usual distractions of the older kids.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom, from your newest grandchild!

This morning, Tom let me sleep in and then had the kids wake me with a cacophony of "Happy Mother's Day" when breakfast was ready.  He made cinnamon-raisin bread French toast, scrambled eggs with cheese, and strawberries.  Delicious!

Then I opened my presents from the kids and we all started playing with train tracks and trains.  Susan, Bob and Penn came over to visit and meet Dominik, and then the kids played outside for a while.

These pictures are the best part of Mother's Day:  all my kids happy and doing what they love to do!


No comments: