Thursday, July 15, 2010

T -15 Hours!

We're 15 hours from leaving on our roadtrip!  We hope you'll follow our adventures on our blog.  Tom's sister, Chris, loaned us a laptop (yes, we're neo-Amish because we don't have a laptop...or cable TV...or an iPhone...we have different priorities for our money...like taking a roadtrip with the kids!) for the trip and I'm going to try to post daily to the blog.

So on the health report, Lukas is well, although he has his typical after-sickness-coughing-at-night where we give nebulizer treatments before going to bed.  I hope we're catching his cough earlier and it's more mild so that we won't have to do this many more nights.  He even went to taekwondo yesterday for the first time in almost two weeks (missed last week because of Lego engineering class and this week because of sickness).  We plan for him to go again tonight before he misses a long stretch again.

Tom and I are still achy and have sore throats, although we feel great with medicine.  Thankfully Natalie, Konrad and Dominik are all still fine.  Tom thinks he is one day ahead of me on the sickness, so I should be improving tomorrow as we leave.  I think Lukas recovered the quickest, although he had several days of fever that we didn't have.

Here's my "getting ready" picture of the day:  breakfast burritos and quesadillas for tomorrow morning on the road.
 

I've also made tomorrow's lunch.  We decided our first day would be the longest driving day of the whole trip so we can get to a special tourist stop by Saturday noon.  What is it?  You'll have to wait and see!

Hey, I can give you another teaser for our trip:  some of the places we'll be visiting have to do with Indians, trains, US presidents, our relatives (none are US presidents!), money, scotch, geology and hydrology, to name just a few.  And then there is the all-important conference that was the impetus for this trip:  meeting other families of RTS kids and adults.  We can't wait to meet all of you!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think you are the most organized person I have ever met, and I haven't officially met you. I know the conference will be wonderful for your family. Being with people that go through the same things you do seems to make your problems more managable. I follow a couple of blogs with RTS kids and I know that you all face unique challenges. Have a great trip and I will certainly follow along.

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Wow Cindy, you got it together!! I wonder if you will be traveling through St Louis on your road trip? I know that Lukas would LOVE going up in the Arch! We took the kids last weekend and Caroline loved it!! Safe travels, see you next week!!

Cindy said...

Thanks for your kind comments, Karen. Myssie, St. Louis and its Arch is definitely on the list!