Monday, August 30, 2010

Music, cars and popcorn

We love going to community concerts that local cities sponsor at a park, and when one city combined it with a car show, what's not to love?

I zoomed in to capture Tom with the three older kids checking out the cars.  Later I found out that the trophy Lukas is holding is now ours (joy!) because the car owner has received so many awards, he was giving old trophies away to the kids.  I think Tom's checking to make sure it's ok that Lukas takes it...when Lukas brought I to me, I told him to take it back, but Tom said he could keep it.  I tried!

Here's the fun face I got to smile at while the other kids were checking out the cars and the bounce house.

We brought pizza, and then Tom got us a treat of kettle korn (after he got icees, which the kids did not enjoy because it wasn't hot enough...and because they thought popcorn was coming next).

Lukas checking out a shiny camper...but we're still tent camping!

The best way to eat kettle korn is with a spoon, so your fingers don't get sticky...according to Konrad.

I think Tom took this picture because the car is similar to one his parents had?


And the music was as good as the cars!

The kids turn into pumpkins at 7:30, so we didn't get to stay for the end of the show.  And Dominik, it turns out, is even less cooperative when we interrupt his normal evening sleep habits.  This past week I had four evenings away from home, and now Dominik's sleep schedule is completely upset.  And he's teething.  So I'm not getting a lot of sleep.

But this is another week!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, Dominik has filled out! He's getting so big!