Friday, August 13, 2010

What's new with Dominik?

Yes, the fourth child is being neglected from stories on the blog (as fourth children ourselves, Tom and I know this comes with the territory).  Rest assured, he's not actually being neglected...ok, I do forget about him for a few minutes at a time because he's so quiet, but...

Anyway, Dominik now weighs 15 pounds, and he's cooing and trying to talk to us.  His siblings still ask to say "hi" and hold him all the time.  He did suffer on our roadtrip from not enough belly time (a lot of time asleep in the car!) and his sleeping at night got all out of whack because of the time changes and because I tended to pacify him at night by feeding him when he awoke, instead of subjecting everyone in the hotel room to his crying for a few minutes until he would go back to sleep.  And I was tired, so I didn't always make the best decisions about when to feed him.  But I'm not beating myself up about it...we did well just having him on the trip and bringing everyone home alive and well!

So he's made his way back to a solid 6 or 6.5-hour stretch at night.  I hope to lengthen that this weekend...I would LOVE to not get up at night!  And we're working on belly time more...he's tolerating more and more and trying to stretch to roll himself over.  But my big infants have taken a little longer to do the physical milestones, so I'm not worried.

It's so fun to see him smiling and happy!

No comments: