Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Four months--the check up

Dominik shared his smiles with our pediatrician today at his four month check up.  For posterity's sake, he's 27 inches long (95%) and 16 lbs 13 oz (85%).  He's smaller than Konrad was at this age, but still within striking distance to catch up (or perhaps the nurse over-measured Konrad two years ago...possible!)

Dominik also received his vaccinations.  The doctor said they had the flu shot available (but Dominik is too young at this time), so I requested it for Konrad since he was with me (Lukas and Natalie were both at school.)  I had Konrad go first, "to show Dominik how we get a shot."  I asked him to take his shoes and pants off, leave his underwear on.  He complied, then climbed up on the table.  I held his arms (he wasn't struggling) and told him it would hurt a little and then go away.

I don't know how Konrad could have reacted LESS to the shot.  He might have blinked twice, but that was it.  I was shocked at his non-response and asked, "Did it hurt?"  "No."  Wow!

However, Dominik wasn't taking notes, because his response was decidedly different.

No comments: