Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I love 3-year-olds!

Overheard while Konrad was swinging the other day:

Konrad:  When I get the fweeze out of my ears, then I'll be four.
Me:  When you get the FLEAS out of your ears?
Konrad:  No, when I get the fweeze out of my ears, then I'll be four.
Me:  When you get the THREES out of your ears?
Konrad:  Yes, when I get the fweeze out of my ears, then I'll be four.

Does Konrad think there are threes in his ears?  I couldn't understand this.  Lukas of course couldn't stop laughing.  It was quite funny, but I'm always trying to figure out what the child actually means and what they think they know...haven't quite figured it out in this case!

2 comments:

Seth Stark said...

When he gets the THREES out of his YEARS, perhaps? In any case, deciphering 3-year-old-ese is always fun!

Cindy said...

I like your translation, Seth.