Saturday, June 16, 2012


We did it!  We took all four kids to an Angels Baseball game!  The last time we took our kids was three years ago, and we had an extra adult along and one less child.  Once Dominik joined our family, just the thought of taking four kids to a baseball game made us cringe in least two kids might have to be carried back to the car after the game is over.  Our kids go to bed between 7 and 8 p.m., so going to a game that starts at 7:05 p.m. never seemed like a good idea (and those afternoon games never seem to fit our schedule).

But we tried it!  And they liked it and we had fun.  AND the biggest news is that everyone walked to their seats and then walked back to the car!  Tom and I were shocked with how well our kids did...but maybe we need to raise our expectations of our kids at events...they are getting older.

Note to self:  Row R is the very top of the stadium.  It's WONDERFUL to not have anyone behind you, but not so wonderful when Natalie has to go to the bathroom and we have to climb down all those stairs (and yes, Natalie did use the toilet twice at the stadium...whoo hoo!)  Full disclosure:  we bought the tickets last minute from a friend who had time, we'll choose seats closer to the exit.  Here the kids are watching the team warm up.

 Natalie paid attention pretty well...she doesn't know baseball, but she enjoyed watching all the activity.

The boys were excited that they had permission to yell at the top of their lungs.

We're ready for the game to start!

Go Angels!  They played the Arizona Diamondbacks.

 Dominik and Natalie ended up snuggling with Tom and me during the game (we switched off with them too).

Rare photo of Natalie:  she's looking at the camera AND her transition lenses aren't dark.

Natalie's screaming in excitement...I think she enjoyed being able to yell too!  There were a few times that I thought the sounds might be sensory overload for her, but it also could have been just because she was tired (she loves to go to bed at 7 p.m.)

We had a fabulous time!  The crowd did "The Wave" that lasted eight times around! Unfortunately, the Angels didn't win (very disappointing) but we made it to the end of the 7th inning (9:30 p.m.) before we left.  I brought lots of snacks (even though we had already eaten dinner) and that helped keep everyone from collapsing in sleep at the stadium.  And everyone slept in this morning, except Lukas.  He still woke at 6 a.m.  But I think he might sleep in a little tomorrow (I hope!)

1 comment:

MommyP said...

Wow! What fun! We haven't attempted a sporting event yet... but maybe soon. You've inspired me. :-)