Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dominik's 3-year check up, confirming a Konrad suspicion

I've had the impression that Dominik is growing a little taller, and sure enough, he has!  Must be all the jeans that are getting to be high-water these days...just in time to retire jeans for the summer and move to shorts.

Dominik's 3-year stats are 39 inches, 90th percentile; and 33 pounds, 75th percentile.  He's grown 3.5 inches and 4 pounds in a year!  We talked about him eating well, sleeping well, and 100% potty trained, including night time!  Wow!  What a difference a year makes!

Dominik did great with the hearing and vision tests...he is definitely good at performing (and the nurse was great at administering the tests so he could do well).

I prepped Lukas and Konrad over breakfast to not "guess" if Dominik was going to have shots today, because I didn't know.  (It's now common for one of them to say something like, "I wonder if you'll have shots today, Dominik!  You know, they only hurt a little and then it's ok, but I sure cried a lot for my shots."  Let's just nip that in the bud!)  Sure enough, he DIDN'T need to have shots, so I'm glad he could enjoy the doctor visit without the unfounded worry of shots.

And while we were there, I asked the pediatrician to show Konrad the color-blind tests.  Sure enough, Konrad does have some red-green color blindness.  I thought he had dodged that bullet (my dad was color blind), but it looks like what I thought was seeing colors has just been adaptation on his part.  We've been suspicious recently that he might be color blind, and now we know for sure.

1 comment:

Patty said...

What a great appointment for Dominik!! Stephen's dad is red-green color blind as well. It's certainly something to which Konrad can adapt, but he'll never be able to become a pilot. :-( That stinks, but it's great that he's adapted so well!!!