Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Cycling boy

I almost forgot an important event: this morning we went for a walk (the first morning walk we've had in a long time) and Lukas asked to ride his tricycle. I had mentioned we would do it sometime, and today was as good a day as any!

Lukas rode the trike while I pushed Natalie in the stroller. He pedals much more slowly than I want to walk, but he did keep going the whole time (with constant prods by me to "catch up with Natalie!") We finished one lap around our neighborhood (1/2 mile) and I planned that one lap would be enough for his first time out, but at the end of the lap he asked to do another lap! I couldn't believe it! He tricycled a whole mile this morning, without stopping. At this rate, we'll be getting him a bicycle pretty soon. And a month ago I thought he'd never learn to ride his trike!

No comments: