Thursday, February 28, 2008

How was your day?

Almost EVERY day over dinner, Lukas asked Tom, "Daddy, how was your day?" or "Daddy, tell me about your day." The funny part is that Tom is usually in the middle of discussing something from his day when Lukas says this. Lukas can't participate in the conversation at the level that we're talking, so this is his way of jumping into the conversation.

Tonight when he said it, Tom said, "I was telling you and your mother about my day." Lukas said, "Daddy, could you just tell me about your day and not tell Mommy?" Whoa, buddy, that's not how we talk!

Lukas did have a chance to participate at his level: telling Tom about our trip with friends to the La Habra Children's Museum today. It was a very fun outing! Unfortunately, I was struggling to get three kids out the door so I forgot the camera...but it was similar to other trips we've made to the museum. The key to my success is that Konrad is not a demanding baby so I can spend time helping Natalie play with the items while watching Lukas have fun too. As soon as I have the two of them squared away, I can hold Konrad.

No comments: