Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hair

In case you've forgotten (or never knew) it's common in pregnant women for the hair to stop falling out during the pregnancy. This may be one reason that pregnant women can have really thick hair: the daily minor shedding that we all do stops for a while.

Once the pregnancy is over, it takes a few months for the hormones to stabilize before the hair starts shedding again. For me, this happened about a month ago, and now my body is making up for all the hair that didn't fall out for nine months, and it's coming out in clumps. It comes out in my hands when I wash my hair, it flies all over the bathroom as I blow dry my hair, I find it in Konrad's fist when he uses my hair to stabilize himself as I'm carrying him, or to pull me closer as he mauls me, and then of course I find it in his mouth! Yuk!

I took some preemptive action last week by getting my hair cut shorter (the pictures of me at the train event show the shorter do). I'm happy to report that it doesn't hurt as badly when Konrad pulls on it, and the volume of hair falling out and landing all over the house will decrease since the hair is now shorter. Hopefully our shower drain doesn't clog up as quickly either!

Ok, I'm done with talking about hair now.

No comments: