Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Deja vu

I feel like I'm in a time warp, or going through Groundhog Day (the movie) or SOMETHING!

Two weeks ago, Natalie saw her ENT, who first said her nose was fine, but then prescribed x-rays to check to see if her nose was broken after I called back and said, "she's still breathing funny!" Last week, we finally got the authorization and a day when someone was watching the other kids so I could just take Natalie to get the x-ray. The ENT told us her nose was fine.

Konrad still has a runny nose and congestion that first appeared two months ago. Yesterday we saw the pediatrician for the third time for this issue, and she now requested x-rays to rule out a sinus infection or lung infection. Thankfully, we were able to get the x-rays done right after seeing the pediatrician (and I had a babysitter for the other two kids for this visit too!) Today they had results of the sinus x-ray (the same x-ray that Natalie had last week), which showed no infection, but not the chest x-ray, so we're still waiting on that.

Today we went back to the ENT because Natalie is still not breathing as well as she was before her fall, and she's still occasionally snoring at night, which she hadn't done before the fall. The ENT showed me her sinus x-rays, including how there is no problem with her sinuses. Then he showed me that there is indication of some growth on the adenoids (common with RTS), although this x-ray series is not meant to show the adenoids well, so, yes, you guessed it, another round of x-rays, this time to check the adenoids. This visit, I had all three kids, and it was not pleasant...but if I'm going to take all three kids to ANY doctor visit, I would choose for it to be the ENT, because he is always prompt and quick.

So now we wait for 7-10 days for the authorization, and then for a date that I have a sitter, and we go back for another x-ray session. Wake me when it's over!

2 comments:

Anxious AF said...

Yuck....Im sorry. Crazy that her fall and the snoring arent related, but happened at the same time.
Hope ou get your answers soon.

Michelle said...

Yuck. Don't you think we ought to have permanent parking spaces at each of our dr.'s offices? We went to Austin's ENT every 4-6 weeks for 2 years!