Friday, October 3, 2008

The little things

Today Natalie walked from the car to the doctor's office for her ophthalmologist appointment. We didn't bring the stroller.

That may seem like a little thing, but it was a great accomplishment. After all, Natalie only started walking on June 20. And she appreciated the recognition that I gave her that she was a big girl walking into the doctor's office without a stroller.

Full disclosure: this is Natalie's only doctor whose office actually has a parking lot outside his office, instead of a parking structure across the street.

The doctor said her eyes didn't appear to have become more nearsighted, so it's great that she's stabilized. He would check her pressures again under anesthesia in 6 months or so, but I suspect she'll be under anesthesia sooner than that to have her ear tube(s) replaced. Don't we go see the ENT next week? I think so. Anyway, if the ENT decides the ear tubes are far enough out, we'll coordinate again with the ophthalmologist to have her pressures checked at the same time.

Natalie really enjoyed the freedom of not being strapped to a stroller. I did have to keep reining her in to keep her out of the landscaping (she got a little dirty)...she stopped to smell the roses on the way back to the car, then she pointed out a sprinkler pipe she wanted to check out. Wait, is this Natalie or Lukas? I think Lukas is really rubbing off on her! If only his non-stop talking will rub off on her!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow...what a big step for independence.
I am ready for AnnaKate to walk but I know that with all other things, I must wait it is in her own time.
Kelly

Anxious AF said...

Ahhh the little things! Funny how this doesnt seem little to me at all. THis is HUGE! Little to so many, but through my new eyes this is SO BIG! Go Natalie.

Anonymous said...

It is huge. Way to go Natalie