Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thumb, Sweet Thumb

Today while we waited on the front porch for the trash truck to return down the other side of the street, I gave Lukas a manicure and pedicure.

When I got to his left thumb, I said, "I can tell this is the thumb you suck." The only time (that I'm aware) that he still sucks his thumb is sometimes at night in bed. Natalie has given up the pacy, but Konrad is a pacy addict (who only gets to use the pacy in the car and in the crib).

Lukas: No, I suck the other one.
Me: I know you suck this one.
Lukas: Sucks his right thumb. Oh, yeah, you're right, Mom. This one tastes bitter.
Me: If that one tastes bitter, what does this one taste like?
Lukas: Sucks his left thumb. This one tastes sweet. Pause. It tastes like hot chocolate.

And no, he didn't have hot chocolate this morning!

1 comment:

The Peacock Family said...

I seriously love all of the things that Lukas says. He is so funny! Made my day.