Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Bed Report

After three nights in their new beds, Natalie and Konrad are doing great (and Tom and I love not having to lift them in and out of their cribs). 

It's so funny to see Natalie get up and peek around the corner for breakfast in the morning.  She gets out of bed quietly and goes to see what everyone else is doing.  Konrad is not quiet.  We usually hear "Pacy go?" every morning, which is translated as "Where did my pacy go?"  With the bigger bed, it's a lot easier to lose a pacifier.

But the good thing is that there has been no getting up and roaming the house in the middle of the night.  The first night Natalie woke (as she sometimes does) in the early morning and started jabbering to her dolls.  This is what I was afraid would translate into roaming the house...but I just went and asked her to whisper and make sure she stayed in her bed.  And she did.

I guess I really thought it wouldn't go this well.  I think I remember the same thing with Lukas when we switched him from a crib to a toddler bed:  I expected there to be problems, but there weren't.  But I think it has to do with our resolution that the kids in our family stay in cribs until they're over 2 years of age.  And Natalie was so happy in her crib when she was closer to two developmentally that we weren't in a hurry to make a switch until now.

Anyway, so far so good!  We'll probably leave the cribs in the rooms for another week or two and then move things around.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

That is so great that they have adjusted so well. I am a bit unsure if Matt will ever be able to sleep in a "big boy" bed - he moves around so much, and I don't know if he well know to stay in bed and not wonder. But maybe we will wait a year and it might work. I will have to come to you for all your hints and tips.

Kelly said...

So glad the beds are working so well!

I am very nervous about making that step...I wonder when we should do it?

Kelly W.