Saturday, April 17, 2010

Operation Baby Drop

Yesterday was our big family activity to try to induce labor.  Since I'm posting this Saturday morning, you'll agree that it hasn't worked completely...yet...but I do feel the baby is getting lower, so it wasn't completely useless...AND we had a wonderful time!

We went to Irvine Park and the Orange County Zoo.  We walked a lot, I tried to lift Natalie and Konrad every chance I got (instead of deferring to Tom) to see the animals.  After the zoo, we went to the Nature Center, where there were many stuffed animals that are found in the local area (I love the picture of Lukas with the opossum).

When we went back to the car to get the bike and stroller, I heard a peacock and encouraged Natalie and Konrad to chase it (for the photo op).  I was proud that they finally stopped at the parking lot, but we couldn't get the peacock to display his fine plumage (does that only happen for female peacocks?)

Then Lukas rode his new bike while the rest of us walked on the bike path.  Konrad didn't want to ride the stroller, so I encouraged him to run after Lukas, and then I ran to keep up with Konrad.  I use the term "ran" loosely...it was more like a loping walk for me to keep up with the short legs of a 2-year old.  Then Natalie wanted to walk too, but at least she held on to the stroller to keep from falling as she runs.  Tom laughed at me for "running", but I could feel the pressure, and any little bit of extra gravity should help, right?

We had a picnic lunch then finished off with some playground play.

I'm so used to "taking it easy" the past month that it's hard for me to remember that I want to be active now...I've become quite lazy.  I think another day of walking around the neighborhood is in the picture!

No comments: