Thursday, April 15, 2010

The waiting game

I don't know how close I am to giving birth:  my first two pregnancies reached an early finish line with spontaneous rupture of membranes and pitocin to help me give birth at 38 and 37 weeks, and my third pregnancy was induced at 38.5 weeks because of gargantuan baby.  So I can't really be certain if this is how I should be feeling one day or two weeks before labor.

I'm starting to think this baby may stay for 40 weeks.  But tomorrow through Monday is a good time because my doctor is on call at the hospital this weekend, so starting tomorrow, I'm going to be doing a lot of walking and jumping and cartwheels and somersaults (just kidding about the gymnastics) to encourage the boy to come out.  We were going to go to Disneyland tomorrow, but then discovered that tomorrow is a blackout date for our passes, so we came up with other plans that involve a lot of walking and activity.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't believe that it is already time!!!

Good luck to you these next few days or weeks.

Kelly W.

Anonymous said...

It seems to have gone by so fast. Good luck with all the walking. Hope it helps.

Brandi said...

I hope your plan is successful! I'll be right here waiting...

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

so exciting! :) good luck!