Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sweet or sour?

I'm still figuring out how to "spend" the hour that Natalie is at therapy, twice a week, since Dominik's birth.  In the past, I've either shopped or taken the boys to a park.  But now with Dominik needing to eat during that time, there's another thing to throw into the mix.

Today we shopped at one store, which took longer than I anticipated, and then it was time to feed Dominik.  Instead of feeding him in the car, I decided to try feeding him outside at the clinic where the kids could run around a little until Natalie was done.

Lukas pointed to the numbers over the door at the clinic and said, "120, what does that mean?"  I told him that office was suite 120, and the next office was suite 130 and tried to explain to him how office numbers work...there's a street address and then a suite number.

About five minutes later, Lukas noticed another door with a number over it and said, "Is that another sour number?"

It took me a few seconds to realize what he was talking about...then I realized he thought I said, "sweet" when I was talking about "suites".  I haven't laughed so hard in a while!

That took even more to explain...thankfully he's already aware of a few homonyms (no, he doesn't know that word yet!) so the explanation didn't take too long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny boy. Hope everyone is doing great..

Nicky said...

What a comic - LOL! I do hope you work out something soon with Dominik's feeding time vs Nat's therapy. Gosh, its been 12 months and we've yet to have two days with similar routines for Sam!!