Saturday, July 3, 2010

More babies

No, not more Happy Ones babies...what were you thinking!?

The dove chicks hatched from their eggs a couple days ago and we finally got a peek!

Here's the mom feeding their hungry mouths.  I know you can't see very well, but even though she's right outside our kitchen window, she does have a little privacy with those leaves!


Then a few hours later she left the nest for the first time that I noticed (without the dad being there to take her place) and I said a quick hi to the babies.


You can see our hummingbird feeder is right next to the dove-nest-in-epiphyllum-basket.  I tried to get a picture of a hummingbird feeding in the same frame as the dove, but hummingbirds always fly away when I move to get the camera.  It is really fun to see the two birds at the same time!

No comments: