Thursday, September 16, 2010

This should be interesting

Today Natalie will have an EEG done.  It's a sleep study, but not like the sleep study for apnea.  The sleep study for seizures involves sleep deprivation before the child goes for the EEG (which is supposed to only last 30 minutes).  Last night we had to keep Natalie up until 10 p.m. (she normally goes to bed at 7 p.m.) and Today we woke her at 4 a.m. and have to keep her awake until her sleep study at 1:30 p.m....no naps!  Apparently seizures are more common when you're sleep deprived.

We've been seeing Natalie have 2-second events that make us wonder if she's having seizures.  I sent this youtube video to our pediatrician and she agreed it was worth checking out.  You can see what we're concerned about at 30-35 seconds into the video.



Anyway, keeping her awake today, while doing everything else around the house including homeschooling, should be interesting! Tom and I are both going to the test, since it will take one person to drive the car and another person to make sure she doesn't fall asleep on the way there.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I'll be praying for positive results. I've seen that video before and didn't spot anything, but I guess when you live with her it's much more obvious.

Anonymous said...

Praying for good results. I watched the video a couple of times and saw what you are talking about. Thinking of Natalie today.

The Peacock Family said...

Good luck, I hope you can keep her awake. And that you get good test results!

Anxious AF said...

Im guessing the hardest part of the day will be keeping her from sleeping in the car. Hoping for the best!

Unknown said...

I wish you good luck!

On happier random notes, I love reading your blog! I check almost every day, and if you didn't post when I looked the first time, I'd check again :)

So, last night I had a dream and your cute kids were in it. I think I was a bus monitor/aide and we stopped at your house and Natalie, Konrad and Lukas all came climbing up the bus stairs and got in their seats. We then talked about playing football and going swimming! We arrived at the school and everyone gave me hugs and went smiling into the building

Michelle said...

oh wow, I can't imagine having to do that! That's got to be hard! My boys go to bed at 7pm also and Austin is one of those kids that'll just fall asleep wherever he's at if I don't put him to bed when he's ready. Whether it's before 7pm or not. I hope things went well for you guys!