Thursday, November 4, 2010

$2 date

Today was Konrad's turn for a date with Mom.  Konrad thought we were going to go eat a date, it's been so long since I took him on a date. Ok, I have no originality, so I took him to the same place that I took Lukas a few weeks ago.  But I had a coupon for buy-one-get-one-free on any cone.  So we both had the smallest cone and great fun.

I started with, "what to you want to be when you grow up?" knowing that it was beyond him, but wondering where it would lead.  Konrad's answer was, "When I be four I ride my bike."  He has forgotten about being six and playing chess, probably because I haven't continued with chess lessons for Lukas (note to self!), but Konrad sees the bike hanging in the garage every time we get in the car.

Then we talked about Mighty Machines, which used to be on a free TV station we receive, but isn't any more (it is however, available on Netflix, so the fun lives on!)  Konrad will talk your ear off about Mighty Machines.  You might not understand what he's saying, but you can have a looonnnngggg conversation on the subject.  Ours was shorter because he was busy eating ice cream.

We had a few minutes to spare so we went to the park and talked to each other through the playground speakers.  What a fun time with my little man!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Awwwwwwwww, if your at a coldstone, I'm very jealous! We don't have them here yet. PS, Canada finally just got Netflix!!!!

Cindy said...

Coldstone is too expensive for a $2 date! This was Baskin Robbins.