Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer is about play!

And we've been doing a lot of play! Summer is also about growing, and I have a blog post in the back of my mind on all the ways our kids have grown this summer...let's see if it gets to the front of my mind and ends up on the blog!

Anyway, here are a few pics from a new-to-us park we visited yesterday.  The kids had a blast!  It was seriously hot...further inland than our home, so at least 5 degrees, if not 10 degrees hotter.  When I got home, I was surprised that the high temp at home was only 85, because I still felt hot from that park!  BTW, is everyone aware that we have been experiencing unusually COOL temps the whole summer?  We have only broken 90 one or two days.  I know a 100 degree day is in our future, and it will probably include dry Santa Ana winds, making it even more miserable.  But in the meantime, we've really enjoyed the cooler summer...it's almost like we live in San Diego!

Ahem...back to the pictures I promised!

After this picture, Konrad was too busy for me to get a full face shot, so here's his one and only smile!


Natalie left the playground momentarily and decided to hug a tree...then it was back to the equipment.

Mom, please help me!  Please lift me up to the hanging rings!

I love this picture of Natalie because she's stepping so well...after years and years of physical therapy.

Lukas is coming down, but Konrad doesn't realize this is a one-way corkscrew.

Ok, now Natalie is getting beyond her ability to safely navigate.  I snapped the picture and then went over to "spot" her to make sure she didn't fall.

Slides are always safe...

...and fun!

Here's someone else who's trying to climb beyond his ability...

...yes, I snapped this picture and then went to help.

No, he doesn't want to swing...he just wants to push the swing.

Natalie starts school in three weeks, but homeschool at The Happy Ones starts in two weeks!  Yikes!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

How fun! I love how Natalie took the time to hug a tree lol. Your kids are so funny.

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/