Monday, December 19, 2011

In which Natalie reads a book

I've been meaning to post a video of Natalie reading for you...but I haven't found the time until everyone is off school. Hopefully I'll get to all the other projects I've been meaning to do during the school break, but for now, let's check this off the list.

We are so pleased with how Natalie's reading has improved since she started kindergarten (she even got an award!)...she was reading single words before, but now she's reading sentences, although, as you will see, she still needs practice going directly to the next line and not getting distracted by other things on the page or in the room. These stories are practice stories from school, and I think it helps that there are no pictures on the page, because pictures would distract Natalie even more. But she does pretty well with books with pictures too.

Enough, here's the video!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

When I just showed Natalie the video of her reading, she said, "That's so funny!"

Pam said...

As you know, Natalie has a very special place in my heart. And this, well, this just made me beam. She is a superstar! I love this video, almost as much/ just as much/even more than I love the one where she is reciting her Bible passages.

The Peacock Family said...

Way to go Natalie!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn said...

that made me smile! what a great reader!