Monday, May 28, 2012

A Day to Remember The Fallen

Every year I take the family to a Memorial Day ceremony, or at least to a cemetery to remember those who died in service to their country.  This year was an exception.  Because of the day's plans I just took Lukas and Konrad.   We went to Santa Ana Memorial Cemetery and walked around for over an hour looking for veterans and for those who died in service of their country.  When I got home I researched online some of the names I found.  Here are three men who made the ultimate sacrifice:
 
Daniel L Arbiso fought in WWII, and possibly died in the Philippines (assumption based on the date of death and where his unit was serving at the time)















Luciano Arzate fought in WWII, and possibly died in Haguenau, France (assumption based on date of death and where his unit was serving at that time).


William F. Eisenbraun served in Korea and Vietnam, and died as a POW in Vietnam.  I found this moving biography of his wartime sacrifice online.

No comments: