Saturday, March 8, 2008

Portland Cousins

Tom's cousin, K2, her husband D, and their twin daughters S2 and H2, took a break from their Disneyland trip to visit us for lunch today. It's such a welcome event when they visit that many from Tom's local family turned out to see them and catch up since the last time they visited.

Here's K2 helping H2 hold Konrad (S2 just had her turn holding Konrad). The girls loved holding him, but quickly found additional fun in Lukas' toys (Lukas called to S2, "Come see my bedroom!" and proceeded to lead the girls to believe that we encourage him to jump on his bed. Only yesterday he fell off...he's still learning about the natural consequences of jumping with wild abandonment on the bed.)

I thought about having a picture of all the kids, AFTER Natalie and Konrad were in bed for their naps, so that's a picture missing I really wish we had. Here's Lukas with another second cousin, Jewelee, putting together the hopscotch game. There were second cousins from three branches of Tom's mom's family: S2 and H2; Jewelee; and Lukas, Natalie and Konrad, and their first cousin Daniel. I think it is SO COOL that my kids know some of their second cousins...I barely know a few of my first cousins.

D took a ton of pictures (as is his custom!), so be sure to check his blog for more and better pictures. Tom and I haven't quite gotten the camera thing down...when we're together, Tom usually takes pictures, but then I'm also expecting him to watch at least one child. I need to remember to also take pictures when he's busy with a kid. That's my excuse for why we don't have more pictures of the event...I could make even more excuses, but who wants to read about excuses? :) The memories of a wonderful afternoon will have to suffice, until the next time D and S2 visit...we hope it's soon!

No comments: