Friday, March 28, 2008

My big boy helper

Lukas started helping me with the laundry a long time ago, but he's had a lull in helping for many months...whether it's because I've been too busy to take the time to let him help, or because he's not interested (a combination of both). Well, recently, he's back on track. He puts the dry laundry in the laundry basket, transfers the wet laundry from the washer (front-loading) to the dryer, and turns the dryer on. If I have been super organized and already sorted the laundry into different loads, he'll also put the dirty laundry in the washer, but I usually like to do that myself so I can look for stains that need to be treated first.

Thanks Lukas! Now that you're interested again, this will continue to be one of your jobs...just like learning to read, once you've shown a sustained interest, there's no going back!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

that's great! Andrew loves to help me as well although all he can do right now is close the dryer door (whether I need it closed or not!). He loves to hear it slam!

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

That is awesome. Can Lukas come and stay with me for a few weeks so that I can get caught up on my laundry!!??